Property Distribution Lawyer in Fairfield County
Westport, Connecticut: Wills and Estate Planning Attorney
At The Law Office of Giustino Capodilupo, we provide estate planning services for our clients so that they can keep control of their money and property while living and distribute it the way they want to after they pass away.
An estate plan — or at least a will and powers of attorney — is important for every family to have. After certain major life events, family members should examine their wills and other estate planning tools with the help of a good probate lawyer.
You should create or review your will and estate plan:
- After a marriage
- After a divorce
- After the birth of a child
- If a child develops serious medical problems
- After retirement
- In the event of serious injury
Some of the tools we use to create a practical and solid estate plan include:
- A will, which describes how you want your property distributed after death
- A quitclaim deed, which deeds real estate over to your spouse or child in the event of your death but gives you a "life estate" in the property
- Powers of attorney allow you to choose a person to make financial or medical decisions for you if you become unable to do so
- A living will gives you the opportunity to specify in advance your wishes regarding health care in the event that you become unable to make your own decisions
Effective and Efficient Stamford Probate Administration Services
When a loved one dies, the will must be guided through the probate court. This process is usually handled by an attorney. Our Connecticut law office is honored to have been asked to provide probate administration services for many families.
Consultations Flexible Scheduling Options
Please schedule a consultation, where we can discuss your estate planning needs. We are always available to answer your legal questions and provide practical and effective legal representation. To schedule an appointment, contact our offices. Call toll-free 1-866-463-5144 or send us an e-mail.